12/16/2008

Search Optimization Is What You Need

If you found this article because you were trying to find out how to get your website to show up when your potential customers were looking for your product, I was right where you are now. Hopefully you aren’t spending $50,000.00 per month or more on Pay Per Click advertising like I was, but if so, I feel your pain.

When the internet went public, it was thought that this was going to be the way that the little company could compete on level footing with big companies.

But that wasn’t exactly true. Sure you can point to a few success stories. Very few. But that wasn’t what you found was it?

Those advertisements on television didn’t help either. You know the one where the people build a website, publish it and within seconds they are flooded with orders.

The reality was that you built your website and nothing happened. So you tried to get all your printed advertising to list your website. It took me a year to get all my Yellow Page advertising to point potential customers to my website. A year and $10,000 per month hoping that my ad would be in the phone book that most people would keep in most cities. Did you know that an average home in California gets more than Ten phone books every year?

It was discouraging to go to Yahoo and search for your website. Finding all kinds of websites listed before yours that have absolutely nothing to do with the products you offer. The results people were getting from Yahoo sucked so bad that people started looking for a different place to search and Google was born.

I was doing everything I could to promote my website. I was even looking for outside help. I found a lot of companies that would promise me number one ranking for all kinds of terms except the ones that I needed to be found under.

I hired agencies to help me with my website design using the “hidden” techniques to get my website to number one on the search engines.

I was lucky my website didn’t get completely banned because of the “help” I was getting.

If you are reading this and recognizing your own struggle in any of this let me start by saying, there is help.
There are credible people out there to help you get to the top of the Search Results for terms that would make a difference to your business.

What you need is help with your Search Optimization. Google just recently posted a guide of what it considers improper optimization techniques which should help you ask the right questions when you’re searching for help.
It can be done. I now have my website on page one of all the major Search Engines, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and I don’t pay a dime for Pay Per Click anymore.

No comments: